Thursday 10 March 2011

reader´s question :)

I got a question about how I ended up doing what I do!

First of all, I wanted to say I feel a bit strange writing about myself,in my head I keep thinking: naah, who would be interested in this anyway?? It´s easier to just post photos and stuff :)
Secondly, thank you for the very kind compliment!! :)

I´ve been knitting and sewing ever since I was a little girl, i got my first sewing machine when I was 12 and before that I learnt from my granmother/mom/school how to do basic knitting! It all started from a need to make clothing for myself,as I´ve always had a weird style and couldn´t find clothes that I liked from stores in Finland!

I have a twinsister (love you heidi!!) that has always been SO good at drawing, and always very creative, I guess we both just use that "creative outburst" as an expression of ourselves!

I decided to finish high-school as quick as possible, and leave Finland to try and study what had always been my main passion: fashion.

So, I headed to Turin, Italy. Why not Milan everyone always asks me?
I lived 10 months in a family near Turin when I was 16, so I knew the city and already had friends there, it was an easy place to come to!
Unfortunately, IED(Istituto Europeo di Design) didn´t fill my expectations, and I decided to change from Turin to IED Barcelona, where I finally graduated!

Now I live in Turin,work part time in a shop and at fairs, and use the rest of my time to design and create clothing and accessories for VAARA Clothing :)

SUMMER COLLECTION coming up very soon! stay tuned<3
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vaara-Clothing/164951620204870

No comments:

Post a Comment